What is the highest legal alcohol volume that a shop, supermarket or pub/bar can sell to their costumer?

Everclear! Pure grain alcohol! And most liquor stores sell that. If you are a super market you're allowed to sell wine up to 22% alcohol.

If you are a pub or a bar you are allowed to serve whatever proof liquor is sold commercially and there is a tequila that is 90% alcohol! The exception to this law is snake venom beer a place that sells only beer can sell you snake venom beer which is a whopping. 69 percent alcohol

• Walt

186 to 195 proof it depends on your local law

Spirits can hit well up to the 60s so i really don’t know

Depends on local regulations - have bought 190 proof Everclear in my state at a liquor store.

In a state I used to live in the highest proof I could get was 151 (either Everclear or Bacardi).

Depends on the state. I remember buying grain alcohol from the state store in Pennsylvania many decades ago.

Where I live people can buy as much alcohol as they want (it isn't a matter of volume).

The percentage of alcohol matters though. The rules vary considerably from place to place.