What is the highest legal alcohol volume that a shop, supermarket or pub/bar can sell to their costumer?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Best answer

Everclear! Pure grain alcohol! And most liquor stores sell that. If you are a super market you're allowed to sell wine up to 22% alcohol.

If you are a pub or a bar you are allowed to serve whatever proof liquor is sold commercially and there is a tequila that is 90% alcohol! The exception to this law is snake venom beer a place that sells only beer can sell you snake venom beer which is a whopping. 69 percent alcohol

• Walt
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

186 to 195 proof it depends on your local law

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Spirits can hit well up to the 60s so i really don’t know

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depends on local regulations - have bought 190 proof Everclear in my state at a liquor store.

In a state I used to live in the highest proof I could get was 151 (either Everclear or Bacardi).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Depends on the state. I remember buying grain alcohol from the state store in Pennsylvania many decades ago.

• 6 months ago

Where I live people can buy as much alcohol as they want (it isn't a matter of volume).

The percentage of alcohol matters though. The rules vary considerably from place to place.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.