Age Restrictions Travelling to Cyprus?

Hi, I’m 17 and I am planning to go on holiday with my friend who is also 17 to cyprus this year. We want to go with jet2 and I know the age to travel alone in the UK is 16. However jet2 says that you have to check that the destination you are going to allows under 18s to travel there unaccompanied by an adult. I have no idea where to find out this information and I’ve searched online everywhere!! If someone has been to Cyprus under 18 alone or has any knowledge about this please let me know.

Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

your problem are accommodation at 17 your still a child ..you are not responsible for your debt or other actions ...so they wont let you stop in a hotel as a minor without an adult ...and you need to have a credit card ..they will take a copy of it and any damage etc will be on your card ...

• 6 months ago

On departure you may need a letter from your parents to consent to your travelling alone. There is a potential issue regarding accommodation, so you should be sure you will be allowed to book a room at your hotel, if where ever you plan to stay.

• IOM
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Travel documents for minors – Cyprus

Minors from another EU country should have the necessary checks done in their country of departure; no additional checks would normally be made when entering Cyprus. On departure, the Cypriot authorities thoroughly check the travel documents of both the minor and the person accompanying them and, where appropriate the authorisation issued by the absent parent before they can leave Cyprus. In cases where there are serious grounds to suspect that the minor could be the subject of an abduction the Cypriot authorities will intervene.

From the official EU website.

• 6 months ago

For a start, you should be very careful not to confuse Cyprus (part of Greece) with Northern Cyprus (part of Turkey), as Greece is part of the European Union and Turkey isn't.

Now contact the Consular section of the Embassy of whichever country you are actually hoping to visit.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I know that, but I wanted to make sure the Asker understood there was potential for confusion. And even though 'most' tourists visit the southern part, many do visit the north.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.