Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 6 months ago

My husband wants me conceive in a non-sexual way. Is this normal?

This is not a troll question. I been married for 2 years to a really bright man who's a PhD holder. We both want a baby. He doesn't want to have sex with me to conceive. Instead, he wants to ejaculate and inject it in me with a syringe. He says he finds disturbing that people come to this world through sex.

He's just one of those people who think deeply about every thing and to be honest I agree with him.

My husband is Agnostic but was raised in a very religious Orthodox Christian family that frowned up sex.

He's not sexually attracted to you. Don't be stupid. He's banging some other girl happily

• dumbbu

Beats me, perhaps for you two it could be normal.

• AG

I would say it's not normal.

weird

No, not normal at all.

• John P

In that particular way his mind is very distorted. For couples who have been unable to conceive in the normal sexual way there are medical interventions, but it is part of normal life for a couple to have sex, and to allow the possibility of conception in that way when they are ready for children.

Frankly he seems, in that aspect, weird, and you seem heading that way. How does he think that the human race has created the 7 billion people who currently inhabit the Earth?

If I were on an examination board, and it came to my knowledge that he was thinking that way about pregnancy, I would check any answers he made to examination questions on any subject very carefully!!

Orthodox Christianity doesn't "frown on sex". It does expect that only a man and woman married to each other engage in the same. The Sacrament of Holy Matrimony of the Orthodox Church is pretty clear about the expectation that children are a good and expected outcome. This predates syringes, of course.

• helene

Why wouldn't he be even more disturbed at the thought of people coming into the world through masturbation? How would THAT be any better?

Yeah, it's a troll question. Give your troll husband the recipe for a homunculus.

No that's in no way normal. So abnormal I think you are trolling.

One of you is clinically insane.