I am looking to buy a new 50" 4k tv for around $300 but when reading the reviews they go over my head. Anyone knowledgeable about tv's?

Reading up on them is greek to me. I don't have a clue as to what all that stuff means. A lot of the reviews mention gaming which I have no interest in unless it is something that makes the the picture quality better.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

The best TV to get for the amount you want to spend would be the TCL 49S517.

It’s a great budget friendly TV, that has a lot of features that bigger names brands wouldn’t have in models of similar priced.

It’s a 49” LED, that supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision HDR which is a higher end format that you only find in more expensive models. It also had a wider color gamut, which means you’ll actually notice a difference between standard content and 4K HDR content because it has a large enough color volume to make it pop more.

Lower end models of Samsung and LG will not have that expanded color, and HDR won’t be a wow experience.

• 6 months ago

Right now, Best Buy has a Samsung and an LG 4K 50 inch TV each for $330.

• 6 months ago

Double your budget. Buy as much Samsung or LG as you can afford.

• 6 months ago

visit thrift shops,always,,before opening your wallet to buy one elsewhere in retail world

upscale audio viz,visit them,listen look flick the flicker click on music concerts,note pic quality,stability,,,

problems abound in getting one unseen,over the internet shopping sites

take notepad with in your shopping tours,get model numbers of those you like,and write down in thick red pencil those that you dislike.

like buying a used or new car,take your time

try one out,kick the tires,take notes make up your mind.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

All you really need to know these days are these brands:

Panasonic (not currently shipping to the U.S., but good products)

Sony

Samsung

Toshiba

Hitachi

LG

The rest can be ignored.

Try to get one that has analog audio OUTputs.

This very inexpensive but highly useful feature is rapidly vanishing,

though it Should Be Required By Law to be included.

At the least, be sure the TV you choose has Some kind of connection

for an external sound system.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

All I can tell you is that 8K TV's are here so all 4K's are on sale, but I don'e even know OR CARE what a 'K' is .............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.