Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 1 year ago

How long does it take to find a full time job in nyc with a liberal arts degree? For a minimum wage job with 2 years of work experience.?

• John
    1 year ago

Back when I looked for jobs (I have a business now) I never looked for more than a week before being hired. Some people can't get a job for a year and even more. So it depends, you see....

1 year ago

Sorta kinda impossible to answer and based on this question, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes quite a while.

You have a Liberal Arts degree but are looking for a minimum wage job? With that type of ambition, I see waiting tables as your niche in life........

1 year ago

It can’t take more than a few months to find something for minimum wage if you are willing to commute and work odd hours. There’s so many places in nyc and if you already have a degree and experience. It’s different for a career job.

• Mamie
    1 year ago

Probably forever, unless you're very lucky. "Back in the day", I got jobs within 2 or 3 days. But that was long ago and the world has changed.

• Greg
    1 year ago

Anywhere from minutes to never.

• Mamie
      1 year agoReport

Yes, Marc. In other words, you might never find a job in NYC (other than minimum wage jobs, flipping burgers). In fact, this is exactly what happened to someone I know who had the same qualifications that you do.

• A.J.
    1 year ago

Almost impossible to know. There are very few jobs without any skills at all in New York City. Minimum wage for a business with over 11 employees is $15 an hour, but at $30,000 a year allows only $800 per month rent. You ca dig out rent rates yourself. You need a skill to apply for a job.

1 year ago

I dont know, is there anywhere that will hire

you to flip burgers and sprinkle salt on fries for 40 hours a week?