Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?

Is this sentence correct:

"I like to read books with good storilines, which elicit emotions in me, and if possible, that teach me something, whether in knowledge or even just in wisdom."

• Speed
    1 year ago

I like to read books with good storilines [storylines, spelling, but the word “plots” works better], which [change to “that”] elicit emotions in me [delete “in me,” since it’s understood], and if possible [delete "if possible"], that [delete “that”] teach me something, whether in knowledge or even just in wisdom [final phrase is awkward. Consider “whether specific knowledge or general wisdom” or something similar].

If you were to accept all the recommendations, it would read

I like to read books with good plots that elicit emotions and teach me something, whether specific knowledge or general wisdom.

Storylines 

Knowledge and wisdom are the same

• John P
    1 year ago

"...storylines (note spelling) which give rise to emotions, and which, if possible, teach me something, either specific knowledge or simply wisdom." Note position of "if possible".

• 1 year ago

I like to read books that arouse my emotions and that teach me something.

• 1 year ago

I'd suggest you just drop the last phrase and end with "....that teach me something." Adding "whether in knowledge or even just in wisdom" is unnecessary and superfluous. There really is no difference between knowledge and wisdom. Knowledge is necessary to acquire wisdom and writing "just in wisdom" implies that wisdom is inferior to knowledge, which is illogical.

• 1 year ago

I like to read books with interesting storylines which elicit the emotions and instill knowledge and wisdom.

• Norman
    1 year ago

Storylines. Lose the word "that" before teach.