does a persons ears and nose keep on growing even til old age?

i heard someone say this and i worried because i already have a big broad nose and i'm caucasian...my ears are a little big too....and the last thing i would want is for my ears and nose to continue growing till my old age and im a man in my early 40's now.

Favorite Answer

Yes to both. I don't know if the ears actually get bigger, but they definitely get longer with age. That's why you see some old men whose ears nearly touch their shoulders. (Compare pictures of actor Kirk Douglas in his prime vs. now. Big difference!) Noses tend to get both bigger and broader with age. That's why you see Hollywood actors who have their noses subtly shortened or thinned with age via plastic surgery. Examples: Tom Cruise, Barbra Streisand, Eva Longoria.

I am now almost 60 and I can state for a fact that my ears and nose are the same size as they were when I was 40. If that "keep growing" were true the people over the age of 75 would have noses like proboscis monkeys and ears like donkeys. What s really happening is gravity is making the ears and nose sag. Compounding the problems is that we all lose collagen as we age so connective tissues that hold things up and together weakens and also adds to the drooping. So while they look lower and different they haven t really gotten bigger.

So my dad tells me

I fortunately, that is true.

• bubba

its not true , your head shrinks , making them look bigger