Maylz asked in HealthOptical · 1 year ago

Am I considered legally blind?

Hi, I have a vision of 325/275 w/ 200 Astigmatism. Am I considered legally/clinically blind?

1 year ago

If your vision is corrected with contacts or glasses it shouldn't matter! Are you asking just to try to get disability? As long as its corrected, you will be able to work a full time job just like most people should!

• 1 year ago

If you see well with your glasses on , then no, you are not legally blind.

Legally blind has nothing to do with the power of lenses a person wears .

• 1 year ago

You have apparently provided some garbled form of your prescription. It does not matter how poorly you see without your glasses or how strong your prescription is to determine legal blindness. Legal blindness is determined by how well you see with your best eye with correction. If you are anywhere close to being able to function normally with your glasses on, you are not legally blind.

• Bernd
    1 year ago

Legal blindness = 20/200 or worse visual acuity while wearing glasses or contacts.

• paul
    1 year ago

I have a vision of 325/275 w/ 200 Astigmatism., if you know this, then you do not need to ask