Why do American's listen to such trashy music?

Rap music, it's trash and disgusting. America is a stinking cesspool if Rap is reflective of American culture. It's the most negative, depressing, ugly, mean spirited and vile thing I've ever heard.

I realize SOME rap isn't like this, I have owned hip hop albums in the past that were pretty good. But those albums are like 20-plus years old now.

Are you listening to music for as long as the average American every week? ... this country is seeing streaming grow all aspects of music ...

• Toruko

Where I come from the US Citizen choice of music

is where freedom is always a pursuit of liberty. As

is asking music critics to go mind their business.

• 1 year ago

Do not use an apostrophe to make a word plural. Some Americans do not like the more popular music. There is some good music around but you have to look for it. I prefer old music.

• 1 year ago

It's the flavor of the month. This too shall pass. Much of today's music is the result of a culture that is alienated and has lost a sense of community--if it ever really had it. I believe the country is hungry for a sense of well-being fed by a spirit of unified community. Perhaps, an improvement in those will improve the representations of the culture in music and elsewhere.

• 1 year ago

Because the beats are nice

1 year ago

American's, huh?

• 1 year ago

Because it's America.

1 year ago

i need a solid defense when i scream the n word