Wireless sub woofer cannot wake up on its own?

My philips HTL 5140 soundbar's subwoofer cannot wake up on its own.Main unit works fine.Every time i have to press the start button on the back of sub,not only that also need to reset the unit until it is paired.any answers will be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

When you buy cheap crap, you get cheap crap performance.

• 6 months ago

Apparently, something is faulty. Likely with the Phillips sub circuitry. Test both items with alternate equipment, then take the faulty component in for repair or replacement.

• 6 months ago

Sounds like it is malfunctioning. Hope it's still on warranty. The amp isn't recognizing it or remembering it. Perhaps it needs to be closer to the amp or maybe there is a source of interference/noise. If it is on the same circuit as noisy devices like can openers or vacuum cleaners

• oldschool
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Might be broken. They don't work forever. Don't know if there are internal batteries. See if there are other ways to setup the system, optional ways to connect. Find the manual that came with the unit or search on line for trouble shooting.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

...must be a teenager.

• basheer6 months agoReport

So you want me to sprinkle some water on him?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Here's a handy hint:

It seems that hardly anyone has problems with equipment that is interconnected with wires.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.