Do you think Conservative talk radio Trump 103.3 has to pay any licensing fees to the President?

The station recently changed it s name to "Trump 103.3."

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-wdrc-trump...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Best answer

If it was just the name, maybe not. But I see they are using his image also.

• Dale-E
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

FCC charges for authorization studies and station licensing.

• 7 months ago

Nope.. only fees would be news sources and music .. Trump could try and go after the station for it, but at same time, since he is President, may be harder to do

• 7 months ago

You generally cannot trademark a single word like Trump when it has other meanings and found in the dictionary. For example, Apple has trademarked "Apple" but they only own the word when it is used in combination with one of Apple's products, such as "Apple Computer" or "Apple cellphone".

That said, I would not be surprised if the radio station got permission to use Trump's name as part of the station's identifier. Do remember when the Disney Corporation was suing everyone and everything that used Mickey, Mouse, mouse images, or mouse ears as a logo or company name. If you had a bar named "Mickey's" because your name was Mickey Doyle then you could expect a visit from Disney attorneys demanding that you change the name or be sued by a corporation with unlimited resources. No reason to not get permission, and particularly if they are also using his image as another answer says.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Nazi Germany was the first totalitarian state to use radio as a propaganda tool .

just sayin.......

• Ganon
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

It's possible he has some deal with them. Maybe he even paid them though I don't know the rules for that for an elected politician. If they're using his image as the anonymous commenter pointed out then they might have some liability but he might want the publicity and probably doesn't want to be seen suing people who support him.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.