promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why doesn't Johann Sebastian Bach have well-known musics like other famous musicians such as Beethoven, Chaikovsky, etc.?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

He certainly has. The Toccata in D major is probably his most popular piece among the masses. There's also his Badinerie that is pretty well-known, even if to a lesser degree than the toccata.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

He does! However, a lot of his music is known by ear but not by name in the general populace. Look up Bach pieces, you'll probably recognize a ton of them.

• 1 year ago

your interests are varied,,spend more time away from gaming and entertainment

click on presti & lagoya playing bach english suite transcribed for guitars,,,2 of them,intricate complex, like 8 hands on 2 clavichords

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

You would probably be surprised at how much Bach music is familiar to you. You just don't recognize it for what it is.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

He doesn't? That's news to me!

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The general public doesn't know him because nobody's ever made a movie about him. I guess there weren't any moments in his life that lent themselves to dramatization. If you asked 1,000 musicians who was the greatest composer of all times, 998 would say Bach. (The other 2 would say Philip Glass.)

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

He most certainly does - his Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is used in every scary movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 year ago

I would say that all the composers you list are equally well known and appreciated - as are many others of their quality.

Source(s): Professional classical musician since 1973.
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

He does... some of it is music he wrote for others.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.