Has there been an Earthquake in Manchester?

The building shook for a few seconds, it was disconcerting. It could be some builders though.

• Biff

Was it in a part of Manchester where there were coal mines? I experienced an earth tremor, and the building I was in was evacuated, when I was working in Ashton-under-Lyne and old mine workings collapsed.

• TSK

We get minor ones on and off...

• F

Minor earth quakes (about 2-3 on Ricter scale) are quite common in the Uk but Manchester last had one in 1869, although Blackpool (50 miles away) has had 4 in the last 10 years.

A 4.6 magnitude earth quake in 1884 killed 2 people and an elderly lady died in a 1940 quake, but they normally only cause minor structural damage. 6.1 was the biggest recorded 1931, but was offshore so damage was minmal.

You should find this out on the news later, or on the Geological Survey Website.

Fracking? I've not heard of any significant quakes in the Manchester area. Yet.

you must be a right t osser. Your life was in danger but you still have time to write this. I always thought Mancunians were thick

• Dayton JC4PM

Where did I say there was a risk to life, Mr. Illiterate

it was the cheers from the man city fbc supporters after man city won the football league