Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 year ago

Senior citizens, how often do you get a holiday? When you manage to have one do you go alone, with a partner, as part of a family or with or?

with a group of other senior citizens?

1 year ago

I love my own home, humble though it is. I find planning to go away, the packing, booking transport etc. very harassing and traumatic on occasions. I haven't had a holiday of any description for well over a decade but, as I live fairly close to the sea and a beautiful country park I can have day trips to these places and don't need to book in advance. I just take advantage of a nice day and use my free bus pass on public transport and go where I want. If I don't feel well on the morning I intended to have a trip I lose nothing by not going because nothing was booked or paid for.

• 1 year ago

To be honest, I'd rather stay home. Air travel just isn't worth the hassle and expense. When travel is necessary, mostly for marriages and funerals, I always go with my wife and we always drive. I haven't been to an airport since the government started treating paying passengers like criminals.

• 1 year ago

no longer events in my life, but last ones were thoroughly enjoyed pleasing myself solo.

• Piero
    1 year ago

I quit celebrating religious holidays, when they became secular, and money sources for the ultra rich. I celebrate the equinoxes and the solstices. I celebrate them quietly, with an increasing number of like minded people. Retirement is very near a holiday. Retired in 1996.

• 1 year ago

I've been on Holiday for 3 years.

What part of RETIRED do you not understand

1 year ago

I haven't had a real holiday for about 25 years. With family living a very long way from my home my holiday time has had to be taken up visiting them. They can't put me up and I can't put them up so it's expensive paying for bed and breakfast plus travelling costs. When our children were small we could only afford caravan holidays but I cannot even have those these days as I now live alone and am too frail to travel anywhere more than a short ride away. I no longer drive but hope to have a day trip soon to a beach - just to smell the sea air but I can reach the nearest seaside by service bus as it's only 50 minutes drive away. On a day when I feel fit enough I will get that bus and reach the beach - even if it's for the last time.

1 year ago

Every day now.

• 1 year ago

3 times a year with daughter

• David
    1 year ago

Often and with my little sweet gold digger who calls me her sugar daddy.

• 1 year ago

I am from UK and almost a senior citizen at 62 years old and I get a 2 week summer holiday every year with partner.