NONAME asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 6 months ago

How hard is it for an America going thru passport control and customs in London?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

As long as your white no longer then 3 minutes

• 6 months ago

Can't be too bad. I've been to London, through Heathrow, about a dozen times. I don't remember anything unpleasant about going through customs and passports there. So it must have at least been within normal tolerances.

All my visits were vacations of ten days or less. As some have suggested, if you're going to stay longer you might check visa requirements. But for the short stays, no visas are required from Americans.

• TSK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Easier than when we visit the US..

• 6 months ago

I don't know how you want to measure this. People with the correct documentation and an agreeable manner have no special difficulties at all. People without an address or return ticket may expect to be asked a few more questions, and if you're aggressive or unpleasant you may be given a harder time. But there is nothing specially hard for Americans going through Passport control and Customs that isn't the same for people of other nationalities.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It is not hard if you have a return ticket.

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The biggest problem is that Heathrow is the size of many small cities. Pay attention.....

• 6 months ago

It's not hard; and it's probably not as painful as a British person entering the US

• 6 months ago

Not difficult if your stay in the U.K. is for less than 6 months. If you are staying longer or have a criminal record you will require a visa. You need also be in possession of a return ticket to te U.S. and be able to demonstrate you have enough funds for your stay - cash, credit cards etc

• NONAME6 months agoReport

Would onward travel to another country be alright? I dont have a return ticket to the US

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Easy. Unless you are one of the freaks who has been banned. There are only a few of those.

• 6 months ago

Why would it be hard? Just need the proper documents and you'll go through with out a hitch.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.