Would I be considered to live in a rural area?

I live on the edge of a village with a population of 900 in the English countryside.

• 1 year ago

Yep, if you are in the countryside then everywhere is regarded as rural, unless it is a major town in the region of 3000+ population, even then the residents could be spreads out and some classed as living in a rural area.

Take Shere in the Surrey Hills, around 1000 population in the village, 3000+ in the geographical area, so all would class themselves as partially rural, even those in the village outskirts.

• John P
    1 year ago

That sounds reasonably rural to me. Unless, possibly, the village is on the outskirts of a large town, and generally "looks to" that town for employment and shopping and primary schools etc.

• 1 year ago

Yes definitely

• Lôn
    1 year ago

Yes, you would.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

If you are surrounded by fields and trees then that is rural.

• 1 year ago

Yes. But a lot depends on how far away the next large village or town is. If separated by two or three miles of farmland or moorland then that's rural in a modern English sense.

• 1 year ago

must be nice! Come visit Los Angeles and discover a new found appreciation for your home.

Source(s): Be Well
  • 1 year ago

Yes, I would call that rural.