Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 1 year ago

Which car is better?

Mercedes Benz A class hatchback 2019 or BMW 1 series hatchback 2019

Which one would you go for

1 year ago

Mine because I own it. Not having a problem with it so not needing another.

1 year ago

I like BMW's. My wife had a roadster. Great cars.

• Neil
    1 year ago

Most of the automotive press seem to rate the A-Class quite highly, and the 1-Series less so.

The A-Class is at least competitive with the Golf and Focus in most areas (except price, although it is probably a similar monthly payment on a PCP), whereas the 1-Series isn't.

However the lower-powered versions of the A-Class with the torsion-beam rear suspension are not rated as highly as those with the multi-link rear suspension (but the same also applies to the Golf and Focus).

The rear-wheel-drive layout of the current 1-Series is both its biggest advantage and its biggest disadvantage. If handling is more important to you than anything else, and you are buying a version that is powerful enough to take advantage of that, and regularly drive on roads where it makes a difference, that may be enough to sway you, but for many people it makes no sense.

• 1 year ago

Since they're both new I'd get the one you like better. Bear in mind German cars can break the bank especially MB when they go wrong. When not if. Look after that warranty.

• F
    1 year ago

They are both really for badge snobs, being the cheapest model of these brands. The Mercedes A180D is one of their best sellers but the snobs who buy it , don't realise it has a Renault 1.5 litre turbo diesel also used in the Dacia Sandero, which is about the cheapest cars sold in Europe.

• 1 year ago

Neither. Both are over-priced and not very stylish. In the past I found Benz seats to be so hard I could not last more than one-half hour on them.

• 1 year ago

Only one model of Mercedes ever impressed me, and it's not the one you mentioned. So if someone made me choose between these two vehicles, I'd have to go with the BMW.

• 1 year ago

Mercedes are for stuck up DBs and BMWs are for snobs.

So, BMW, every time.

1 year ago

That's like asking whether Iowa beef is better than Nebraska beef. It's a coin toss. Personally, I wouldn't own either of them but the Benz gets better reviews.

1 year ago

Test drive both examples. We all have different tastes and needs.