Which one of the places do the best alignments for vehicles ?

1. Brake Check

2. Firestone

3. Pep Boys

You cannot choose by brand - It depends on the individual techs working at those places

I like Firestone.

The dealer of your car does the best brake job because they use the correct brake pads and or shoes when needed. They clean and lubricate all friction points also.

I would go to Firestone.

Whoever has the best equipment on hand and the best technician. No two shops will be the same, even between brands.

The one that has a knowledgeable mechanic working that day. They do not work 7 days a week. Some go fishing. Some are lucky, some are not. Generally the best wheel alignment is a wheel alignment. They do not change tires or do brakes. They do alignments, so if your brakes are dragging or your tires mismatched, that can have affect on how straight the car travels. By the names you gave, none of them specialize in wheel alignments.

Brake check...does brakes

Firestone...........tires

Pep boys..........??

Check the telephone book for frame straighteners and wheel alignment specialists....Mine is Andy's Wheel and Frame.. That is all they do.

• Erik

I've never heard of Brake Check. There's a local place that charges $60, which is already an incredible bargain, but if you go on Tuesday with the coupon, it's half off. So I would go there (it's in Hawthorne, CA). As far as the other two you listed, I'm sure they bend you over.

• Poppy

They all have the equipment, just need a technician that cares to do a good job.

Actually, I would have said Meineke, but from your list I would go with Firestone.