Why do women go for rock stars even when their lives are a mess?

Y'know, you see pretty much every rock star has a wife, okay some have had a few like Mick Jagger, but there are some who have had a wife for almost their entire career -- Ozzy Osbourne and Sharon, Victoria Clarke and Shane MacGowan, Keith Richards and his wife...Is it just for their money or because although they're drunkards and druggies they still have an active life and always have something to do, regardless of the booze, or is it just for the money?, or is it because they're drawn to reckless guys because they think they can tame them?, Jordan Peterson would agree to the latter. Because when women are asked about men they never say ''oh id like an alcoholic, leaves home for days, sleeps with other women, does heroin'' they never say that. I love women, but they confuse the **** out of me.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • steve
    Lv 6
    7 months ago
    Best answer

I worked with a girl 20 years ago and I fancied her something rotten as did every other guy at work but she was already with someone else.

But we became close but just as friends, one night when we were both drunk we played truth or dare and I asked what was her best sexual experience?

She said without hesitation and with a glint in her eye going backstage at a Bon Jovi concert and onto a hotel where she had been fucked by John Bon Jovi.

I asked why she did it and she said he was gorgeous and famous.

She knew it was a one off never to be repeated experience and knows he will not even remember her.

She didn't do it for anything other than she thought he was gorgeous and it was a massive notch on her bedpost.

• Elana
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

It may be a massive notch on her bed post, but does he recognize that she doesn't even appear on his bed post? Well ... maybe the sex was good.

• Prince
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

You don't know what music is.

• 7 months ago

because its the reckless, carefree "bad boy" image that some women like

• 7 months ago

money, most likely.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Well that is just a mystery to me my friend.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Some people go for musicians. I had a girlfriend who played the guitar pretty well and had a nice voice. Rather alluring. Even wanted us to get married. But she called the cops on me once for no reason though and for me that was a dealbreaker. Always will be.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

In the 60s and 70s this was true. But now is not.

• Hey_Irish
      Lv 4
      7 months agoReport

And are afraid to curse. And mainly because they're music sucks.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

money

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I think women in general are attracted to social relevance; a person who is a social "center" of some kind becomes naturally attractive to them.

If that is true in other areas of power (millionaires, intellectuals, writers, spokesmen, sport figures...), add the fact that women are also very sensitive to the power of music...

I also think they like seeing men doing some kind of focused, premeditated activity, with all their might and decision. When that activity in addition happens to be music, which in the end is something harmless, that you can enjoy without barriers, and dance to... I think all of that is very appealing to them.

(Of course, there's the attraction of money too, I don't know anybody who doesn't like having money, but for example, there are many stories about the Rolling Stones and how the groupies were crazy about them even when they were still very poor).

• Hey_Irish
      Lv 4
      7 months agoReport

Yeah, i suppose if its just the money then that will eventually become apparent, and if the rock star is too drunk to notice, then his -- or even hers in some cases -- friends will start to notice.

• Q
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Mick Jagger's life isn't a mess. He's a wildly successful singer. Mick Jagger was attractive when he was younger, but he wasn't exactly attracting Sunday school teachers. He attracted other people in the entertainment industry. Jerry Hall is an actress. Marianne Faithful was a songwriter, and so on and so forth. Keith Richards married two actresses too.

Like attracts like. It's a safe bet that people in the entertainment industry have more in common with each other than us normal civilians.

As for Ozzy and Sharon, they started dating as teenagers. They've been together all this time and have children. He wasn't ALWAYS a bumbling old man.

This reasoning is faulty; it's a hasty generalization. One could just as easily ask why men marry trainwrecks of women. Why did Kurt Cobain marry Courtney Love? Because they were both talented musicians. Again, like attracts like. The common factor here isn't women, it's birds of a feather flock together.

• Hey_Irish
      Lv 4
      7 months agoReport

I know his life isn't a mess, he's pretty straight, even Keith has mellowed out now, and Ronnie, i just meant like back in the heyday.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.