Im purchasing a boat this week. But I have a Nissan armada rwd no 4x4 just s tow mode switch. Should I be worried?

• 1 year ago

That really depends upon the size of the boat.

But the vast majority of boats on trailers are fine with 2WD vehicles. There will be a maximum towing weight specified for your vehicle. As long as the gross weight of the boat plus the trailer does not exceed that limit then it’s all good.

All 4WD does is increase your choice of launching and recovery spots as 2WD vehicles cannot cope as well with loose surfaces such as sandy/muddy shorelines, grassy banks or slipways covered with algae.

• Who
    1 year ago

I would - I dont think its gonna float

• Bill
    1 year ago

Depends on size of boat! If you are talking about a runabout 20ft long or less, it should work fine. I pull a 18 ft Bayliner with my Nissan Frontier RWD and have no problems.

• 1 year ago

Don't count on being able to pull the boat out of the lake with only RWD.

• 1 year ago

Lotsa luck and enjoy. Don't ever forget the plug. I watched a guy sink his ski boat with a gigantic blown V8, when he forgot to replace the drain plug. Sure messed up HIS weekend.

The two happiest days in a man's life are when he buys a boat, and when he sells it.

• 1 year ago

No. I used a 1964 Oldsmobile 442 to tow my boat with no problems. Just don't back down too far at a launch ramp.

• 1 year ago

Depends how heavy the boat is.

• 1 year ago

Make sure to ask ur dealer where the DVD hole of the boat is it says nouthing in instructions!!

• 1 year ago

Worry never solved anything