Libby asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Why does my cat meow all the time?

I have four cats (technically five but one doesn’t really come in) and one of them, a male aged 12, meows all the time. We always make sure the water bowl is full and they have food in their bowls all the time so it can’t be that he’s hungry or thirsty. He sits outside on the window ledge and meows so we let him in, but then he keeps meowing. He has had some health problems in the past, blood in his urine and one of his ears is folded over because of an injury. But nothing else I can think of.

Any ideas if there’s something wrong? And what could be wrong?

Hopefully we won’t have to take him to the vets, as it’s very expensive

• PAMELA
    1 year ago

He is just talking to you! some cats meow more than others.By the way, it is a bad idea to have food in their bowls all the time, you don't have food in front of you all the time do you? cats should be fed at set times then their bowls should be picked up and washed until the next meal time, water should be fresh and always there for them.