promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 year ago

Do strong acids really burn your flesh off like in movies and video games?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

yes

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Look at pictures of people who got acid thrown in their faces.... the worst is concentrated acid -- and this is unfortunately a known thing in Islamic culture.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Yes, they do, if they are concentrated. Dilute strong acids don't.

Don't confuse strong with concentrated.

• 1 year ago

Yes, acid attacks are common in the middle east, men who got turned down by women sneak into their house while they are asleep and pour acid on them. The poor girls now have melted faces just because they didn't want to entertain the bastids.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

I read an article a few years ago about a guy who murdered his wife and dissolved her in a barrel of acid. It took several weeks, and what the police found was a layer of liquid fat laying on top of the acid and a few bone fragments. (Apparently acid doesn't dissolve fat!)

I guess stronger acid might eat flesh faster, but instantaneously like that? I wouldn't think so.

• 1 year ago

Well if that’s your resources, how can you understand? Pending on products and environment the damage will be there, but the sensationalism and graphics would meet your expectations.

• Mr. Smartypants
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Why thank you. What a cordial, useful answer!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.