Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

Why do they force drugs on to you in mental health units?

• audrey

If they have to.

Stupidity

Source(s): They think that turning patients into Frankensteins will make them less hostile - instead it makes them act like retarded demons.

It's to keep people stabilized. They usually seem to be a little bit too liberal with these medications, and they basically hand them out to any patient, even if they don't necessarily need them. As much as I would love to see psych wards where only some people are on drugs, it's kind of the way that it has to be. If someone has Schizophrenia, and is not thinking straight, then you definitely want to give them something. Even if someone is going through extreme anxiety, you would also want to give them something, especially if they ask for it. Same goes for depression, especially if the person is suicidal. Benzos messed with my head though when I first took them, and they intoxicated me (which I thought was strange). I loved them, but I would have become addicted to them if I continued taking them. This is why patients need to be honest with their doctors about the effects of their medications. I was honest with my doctors, and now I have meds that work for me, and a clearer idea of my diagnosis. I had to try out different medications, and experience a three week hospital stay, but it was worth it to get my moods under control. Not every drug they give you is going to necessarily be right for you as an individual, but they are meant to help.

Because until you can converse in a language that is recognized, you would be in an apartment or a hotel.

So you will finally stop posting this crop on the board

they want to get you addicted so that you to be enslaved to Big Pharma

I went in there twice, for taking too much drugs, and they didn't give me drugs most of the time when I asked, except my standard medication that I was already on. It's mostly just to keep you relaxed if you're getting stressed. I mean, there's not much they can do, often. I'm on a small amount of oxazepam now, and codeine, not enough to change my personality or anything.

You have been ruled incapable of making decisions about many things, including your medication.

And the medication is supposed to help you.

Just like parents can force their children to take their medication

• Otto10 months agoReport

No, parents can’t force their children to take medication for depression. I’m 16 and I’ve refused to take my meds for years, and they haven’t been able to force me.

Because they are arrogant