Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 year ago

Is my Husband cheating on me ? (military)?

While my husband was in the shower he got a phone call and a text from "xo" hugs and kisses? Is he cheating?

• 1 year ago

If just XO, then sounds like executive officer. In the Army, that is probably a Second Lieutenant or First Lieutenant just under Captain in a typical Army unit. If it said "hugs and kisses," that's not a good thing. I don't want to spread bad news, but when I was in the Army, a lot of soldiers had sex with different partners. Not me. I was one of the few that didn't partake. A couple female soldiers in my unit had to be discharged for getting pregnant. Not a fond memory I had in the US Military. In my barracks in Germany, apparently they had surveillance cameras and so gossip spread fast when they could actually watch people having sex and/or cheating. It appeared many didn't care if they got someone pregnant or got an STD. My roommate once joked that he had no children/kids (that he knew of). Not good.

One of the perks of the US Military is you get to travel. However, in retrospect, it might be better to stay stationed in the States. From what I saw/heard, the further you are stationed overseas, the more sins will surround you. But I guess many young people are like this, anyway, whether in the Military or Civilian sector. Many people cheat on their spouses or loved ones and try to keep it secret. I find this to be incredibly and reprehensibly unacceptable. But that's just my opinion.

• 1 year ago

"xo hugs and kisses" is just that..x= kisses..o= hugs.. its has nothing to do with rank or branch of service..come on now!! yes.. XO can mean EXECUTIVE OFFICER.. but in this case.. NO! "somebody has some 'splainin' to do!!"

• 1 year ago

Ask him, not us.

• 1 year ago

Why would you think too worry about that?

Ask yourself:

Are you 'taking care of business' on a regular basis?

Can I assume by the term XO, you mean NAVY?

Well, if he is not banging one of the babes on the boat, then you have nothing too worry about.

Where would he find the time?

Hmmm, Banging the Babes on the Boat; sounds like a Rap song.

Hay; if R&B means Rhythm and Blues; does Rap mean Rhythm and Puke?

• 1 year ago

Har har.............very funny.

XO is Military slang for the Executive Officer. It does not mean "Hugs and Kissies"

Now, if it was signed by a girls first name, and then XO.....then you need to hit your hubby upside the head with a frying pan.

• 1 year ago

XO is "executive officer," a term used especially in the Navy, for the rank just under the Captain of the ship.

On the other hand..... An executive officer is extremely unlikely to add "hugs, and kisses" to a text message!

1 year ago

He probably is. Hire a private detective using his money.

1 year ago

maybe that was from his CO .......