Bernie Sanders thinks those incarcerated should be allowed to vote. I agree with the idea, do you?

Hello folks, US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders want to allow felons to vote in prison. ... show more Hello folks,

US presidential candidate Bernie Sanders
want to allow felons to vote in prison.

https://news.yahoo.com/bernie-sanders-got-cnn-felons-092131295.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9sb2dpbi55YWhvby5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABzAUbUbM5vEUvLfaW9Q6WhPKZFELPp86hkhtAtVboeuASKue6W1e6TKAw-N_G29XARCtgimG22fqa0kMc2onhSvHsSYqJF4CKdu_vEnK8zGDrPIEsy6GOe_G0FWZWkW6_JMJa015LmXY2YJ6gqmNCSI7au8-8vhDUlgIdndnvw1

I support the idea. This is how things work in Europe and Canada as well. You have to keep in mind that just because you did something wrong, doesn't mean you stops being a human being. You may be isolated from society for a period of time, but your rights as a human being should remain. Then Sanders was asked "whether it was appropriate to enfranchise sex offenders...vote"
I think that the US has an unhealthy obsession with this entire sex crimes BS. They are taking it way too far. What is a "sex crime"?? Bear in mind, that just under 20 years ago, two gay men could have been arrested in many states for having sex and labelled sex offenders for sodomy.
Do you think 2 adults engaged in consensual incest should be charged (they can be in many states and labelled as sex offenders)? Do you think 2 gay men should be charged (many GOP politicians still think so)? Do you think an 18 year old who sleeps with a 14 or 15 year old should be charged (many states still don't have Romeo and Juliet laws, which is shameful)? California even 2 17 year olds can be charged.
Your opinion?
16 answers 16