Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats ยท 1 year ago

Why is my cat such a d*ck towards me and most others too?

He never wants anything to do with me except for when he needs something. He looks at me and makes a sighing noise all the time. I can feel that he is very distant towards me and most other people.

• 1 year ago

Cats bond with humans in the way they bond with mother as a kitten. If you are the provider of food, warmth, "kills" *(bring home a little dollar toy from wal-mart monthly..cats dont keep toys as "toys", they smell them and bat them a few times till they've identified and catalogued the smell.... BUT if you bring one home every time you go out, your cat will think of it as a "kill" brought back from your hunt (if it sees you as the mother cat of your clan). (its not a BLT thing, it's a pet owner thing, its how THE CAT perceives...so..be his pal, the way he needs it. And understand he will come close in the cold and stay distant ion the summer, but still if its you who picks up his poop and gives him food and brings him a kill, then youre the boss. Just add to that DAILY PLAYING TOGETHER,

AND make it happen that he learns to curl up and sleep on the couch watching tv with you in the evening..

.thats big. make that happen..and you will be bonded for life. His number one, protector and friend.

One thing's for sure, a cat only has such a relationship with one human,

so work at it, because the love he will return is as nice as love ever is.

I put your question in cats, hope youre not mad, you can always move it back to P&S. But here you may get input from people who've had cats all their lives and seriously know their stuff.

I also recommend THE CAT SITE https://thecatsite.com/

as your go to place for questions on cat health and behavior issues.

If you cant afford thousands for a vet, they can help with some vital information and OTC things to try.

1 year ago

Be nice to him,All cats must have toys and interactions to keep their instincts sharp, or they begin to become vicious with their humans. They do not want to be mean, but their instincts are so strong it is their only defense to protect their skills.

Make sure you keep playing with her, and if you don't want to be scratched, get a stick with a string on it so she can practice her hunting skills. Otherwise, enjoy the dance! She's trying to get you to join in!

• 1 year ago

Because he hates you.

• 1 year ago

Because cats HATE trolls even more than we do. It also could be that scorching case of herpes.

• God1 year agoReport

You suck. Let the guy get some advice about his pet. What's wrong with you?

• He hates you, youโ€™re a sh*tty owner.

1 year ago

I can only guess it's his personality or perhaps it's in the breed to be like that.

• y
    1 year ago

Have no idea, have seen it from many cats, I never had the issue when I had cats,

1 year ago

You've probably scared him or hit him

• Anonymous1 year agoReport

I think THEY would know if they hit him so why would you comment that?

1 year ago

I don't think he is.

• .
    1 year ago

He's a cat