promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What ever happened to the "Star Trek" future of global harmony and joint interstellar exploration?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

That is still in the future. Just like Star Trek was in the future.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • mars
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

The Borg took over..

• 1 year ago

According to Star Trek itself, the world has to go through a horrible phase of deprivation, genocide, war and starvation before that's achieved, and it won't be in the lifetimes of about half the people alive today.

• Nyx
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It got written out of the script.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Humans

• 1 year ago

We haven't had the Eugenics Wars or launched the Nomad probe yet. Peace & Harmony will come after those events.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Gene Roddenberry's dream is not possible and in the lore of Star Trek, we would be in another world war right now, using nuclear and biological weapons.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jon
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Only nuclear weapons. We avoid a biological war. (v. "The Omega Glory")

• 1 year ago

If I recall correctly.......that only came about after the 3rd world war, and rise of the Supermen , like Kahn, who were ultimately defeated and then shot into space, in a cryogenic state only to be found floating adrift, many centuries later by Kirk and the Enterprise.

Even in the Next Generation timeline, when they go back in time, to invent Warp Drive......

they go back to an earth that has been largely destroyed, and people are living in the wilds, like survivors of a post apocolyptic earth.

It is that experiment...where they achieve only .5 Warp drive that draws the attention of the Vulcans, who just so happened to be passing by, and picked up the warp drive signature. That's how Vulcans finally came to Earth for the first time.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

The Klingons are in orbit around Uranus.

• 1 year ago

I don't know. Most liberals I know are opposed to spending money on space exploration.

• ...Show all comments
    • thomas f
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Tom S, it was Walter Mondale (D-MN) who spent his whole life trying to cancel Apollo and other NASA projects. Most scientists and engineers are libertarian. Most liberals I know are opposed to spending money on space exploration. Maybe you know some who aren't opposed. I hope so.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.