promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i'm a 15 year old ohio kid and i want to get a job it's just i don't know where to start?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

At sixteen you could work at Wal Mart as a cashier, or K mart, at 15 get a good lawnmower and mow people lawns for them, help plant gardens for people, wash cars by hand and wax. you may be able to get a job pulling weeds from flower gardens, helping take trash out for the elderly, You could even wash house windows. At your age I did all these, plus I picked tomatoes, Strawberries, peaches, pears, corn and worked in a road stand on weekends. Use your imagination pal.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

In Ohio, you can get a state work permit at 16 and then places are more willing to hire you. The state permit will limit your hours so that you can finish school but employers understand this and will work with it. Most in Ohio won't hire younger than 16 because of child labor laws.

You probably won't have a car so list all of the places that are a bicycle ride away. That way you can guarantee that you will be there. Pizza shops, fast food ect are your best bet but there is no harm in stopping in other places and asking for an application. If nothing else it's good practice!

• 1 year ago

Start creating a resume or cv. There are templates you can use and later print. Since you have no work experience, you’ll have to rely on experiences related to the employment you’re seeking. If you’ve voluntarily shoveled snow, babysat, or cleaned yards, that’s relevant. Be sure to list all these experiences, because the potential employer can get an idea of how ambitious you are, and willing to put forth the work habits needed, like punctuality, attendance, and a sense of urgency while on the job. Look online for examples of job applications too, so you’re aware of what you’ll be asked, and prepared to answer the questions: 3 reference’s phone numbers for example, (who aren’t relatives, who can attest to your personality or work habits - this could be a neighbor, coach, teacher, etc.). Be sure to ask permission to use them as references, out of courtesy and so they’ll have a heads up if the job site’s rep calls them.

Apply for an application at each site, don’t bring anyone with you, have a writing utensil handy and dates, numbers, or important names you can refer to. You can also take it home and complete it.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Ask around who hires 15 year olds. Most places you have to be 16. good luck

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • nt
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

FAST FOOD. you will get 10+ no's before one yes probably because of your age.

You can cut grass around your neighborhood.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Ask your parents to ask their friends.

• Alex
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

The best places to check with first are places that are in close proximity to your home. That's not to say that the places near you will hire 15 yr olds, but you'll want to check there first. The reason for this is that you'll likely be dependent on someone else for transportation. And the less commute you have, the easier it will be on the person driving you.

• Stella
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Mostly your options are in fast food. Maybe in another type of restaurant as a dishwasher.

My husband worked as a golf caddy at a country club at your age. He made pretty good money. Getting certified as a lifeguard might be a good idea if you are comfortable in the water. My brother has been doing this as a profitable side job for many years.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.