Karina asked in PetsCats · 2 years ago

Outdoor cat care after vaccination?

Hello,

Should an outdoor cat be kept indoors in between vaccination doses for complete immunization?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

I let my cat outside after being vaccinated and experienced no problems at all.

• PR
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Do not over-vaccinate a cat. Look up: feline tumors from vaccinations. Cats do not tolerate vaccinations very well, and their skin does not like the needles. We had a cat develop a tumor on her leg, which was a fast-growing tumor. I would never want to experience this, again.

In regards to your cat being outside, consult with the vet on the details. But, do not leave your cat outside at night, because this is when the nocturnal predators are out and, yes, they will bother or attack your cat. Bring kitty inside for dinner, and lock the doors. Cats benefit greatly by being indoors at night, and this would be more beneficial than vaccinations due to large vet bills from injuries sustained at night. If you want a cat, do it a favor and do not consider it an "outdoor cat". Inside/outside cats do very well. Outside-only cats do not fare well.

Many of the vaccinations do not do much for cats. Look up each vaccination and its expectations for felines. Rabies might be a good vaccination for an outdoor cat.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.