At what age were you br@inwashed into thinking God was real?

• Most of religious idiots were indoctrinated very young, but some of all ages. Many older senile folks suddenly become religious.

• 1 year ago

Cue the passive aggressive Christians

1 year ago

25, but "brainwashing" wasn't a part of the process.

• 1 year ago

I have known Him from childhood.

• About 45, when I made space for Him in my life and found Him.

• scott1 year agoReport

So glad you made room for Him in your ❤️

• Carym
    1 year ago

Of course, the Word of God was passed down from one generation to another. "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as reminders on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, speaking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up" [Deuteronomy 11:18-19].

But as you become independent, you begin to investigate yourself. "Does God really exist?"

It was the "JOY" in the lives of other Christians that struck me the most. How could church attendance be so pleasant to them? My church (Presbyterian) was known to generate dead souls...

So at the age of 16 (and without my parents' consent) I joined a Gospel (Bible believing) Church, and within three weeks I was water baptized and also received my Spirit baptism (the water baptism is what we do, the Spirit baptism is what God does).

But before I stepped onto the "Red Carpet" of Faith, I first had to get this mediocre, mundane faith out of the way. And then for the first time in my life, I read the Bible as if there were no tomorrow -- spending time with God became a priority (that's where I got my boldness from) {Sorry}

God loves it when we agree with His Word; this is how the Bible becomes alive. It is none other than the Holy Spirit's revelation (deeper insight) or that the Holy Spirit wants to draw your attention to something specific.

You should try it!

• Carym
      1 year agoReport

Amen! I want to share my Easter song with you. It is still in my heart and head and can remain forever. You'll also enjoy it:
      https://youtu.be/vN1NFyh0tpg

1 year ago

From birth.

• Rita1 year agoReport

There must have been a specific time when you actually KNEW He existed rather than just accepting what you were told.

• 1 year ago

I wasn't. Thanks for asking.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 1 year ago

My mum and dad are atheist. But they still sent me to Sunday School as it gave them peace from me

• 1 year ago

I was too young to remember what age I was. It wasn't until my 20s that I realised.