Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 year ago

How do I go about keeping the eye pressure down in my eyes?

I have glaucoma and do I need to keep my a1c lower to keep the pressure down in my eyes?

• 1 year ago

There is virtually nothing that you can do in terms of lifestyle to decrease the pressure in your eyes. There are things that you can do to avoid nerve damage which is what glaucoma really is. I am sure that maintaining a better a1c should help. Sleep apnea is also a risk factor for progression of glaucoma so if the person you sleep with says that you snore, you should definitely get that checked out. If you are taking blood pressure medication, you should talk to your glaucoma doctor about the best time to take it. A high pressure in your eyes does not equal glaucoma. High pressures are a risk factor for glaucoma. Glaucoma is a specific kind of damage to your optic nerve.

• David E
      1 year agoReport

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5084493/ Are you treating your sleep apnea?

• Bernd
    1 year ago

A diet to control diabetes might help. Lose weight if necessary and plenty of healthy food.