Why do some people learn esperanto? The international language is english, so what's the purpose of esperanto?

The only purpose of esperanto is to serve as an "international language" It has no other purpose than that. But since english is already the international language, why would someone waste their time with esperanto? It doesnt make sense to me, you already speak the biggest "lingua franca" of... show more The only purpose of esperanto is to serve as an "international language"

It has no other purpose than that.

But since english is already the international language, why would someone waste their time with esperanto?

It doesnt make sense to me, you already speak the biggest "lingua franca" of the world, why would you learn a "language" for which you can only find speakers on the internet?

Besides, most of these esperantists already speak english, so it gets even more stupid to learn esperanto