Why could my girlfriend be drinking so much?

My girlfriend isn’t a sociable person she also has anxiety&depression, but I am a sociable person. She doesn’t have a close family she only sees her mum and dad, and doesn’t really see her dad much. I see my family regularly, I have a big family and have always been a close family and I usually see my sister... show more My girlfriend isn’t a sociable person she also has anxiety&depression, but I am a sociable person. She doesn’t have a close family she only sees her mum and dad, and doesn’t really see her dad much. I see my family regularly, I have a big family and have always been a close family and I usually see my sister and nieces every weekend, most of the time when I ask her to come she says no. And she said no to coming to a meal to my mums with me, it annoys me because I want her to come with me and get to know my family, I wish she wasn’t so withdrawn. On the odd occasion she does say yes to coming, she looks unhappy about it beforehand and starts drinking heavily an hour before coming. It was my nieces birthday and she got drunk, we went on holiday with the whole family and she drank the whole week secretly. But she doesn’t drink that much when it’s just me and her or when she’s with her mum or dad. I don’t understand why? Any suggestions? And what should I do?
14 answers 14