Am I too oversensitive or are my feelings normal?

Im 35, female, single with no kids. Ive always been very quiet/not had great social skills/have preferred my own company so I guess it is odd that I'm not settled down by now. Anyway I do get crushes on men but don't tell anyone. My issue is if I can't be with them for whatever reason I feel secretly... show more Im 35, female, single with no kids. Ive always been very quiet/not had great social skills/have preferred my own company so I guess it is odd that I'm not settled down by now.

Anyway I do get crushes on men but don't tell anyone. My issue is if I can't be with them for whatever reason I feel secretly devastated/in a low mood on and off for months and months. I function ok everyday but still not sure if this is normal??

Recently I've developed feelings for one of my colleagues/boss obviously id never tell him nor show it if anything I'm very quiet around him. He says that I need to ask him for help more (he's very supportive) I think I come across as offish. Anyway I can never be with him he is in a serious relationship with a pregnant girlfriend. So he couldn't be more out of bounds. I had accepted this but he will be leaving to work elsewhere soon anyway. I don't know why but I'm experiencing that devastating feeling that I usually get and which lasts months and months. Im trying to accept it, looking to join a new club/hobby and my goal is to meet someone, but its so hard. I don't want to try online dating. Most men seem to be taken. Just wanted advice