Nicole asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 7 months ago

Deleting a yahoo question?

Hello! Is there a way to delete a question oh yahoo answers? I changed my mind. Will it be taken down if reported?

Thank you in advance!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Best answer

If it has answers, no. Even if it is reported enough times, it disappears ONLY from the YA DISPLAY, along with all the answers. It STAYS in the digital bases FOREVER. The question and ALL the answers became Yahoo Verizon property with the first answer.

If you solicit people on YA to report your question, THAT is a ToS violation for harassment, provocation and exploitation of the entire YA community.

My advice is to "edit" the question and make yourself anonymous.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

you can only delete your question if it has no answers on it if there are

no answers on it to delete it click on the x delete question button under the

blue edit menu once there is answers on it you wont be able to delete it

unfortunately

If someone Reports it yes it will get Taken down but people would only do that if it Violates any of the Community Guidelines people are not gonna Report it if its Fine you agreed that it is Yahoo's Property when you Agreed to there TOS Terms of Service that Nobody bothers to Read

• 7 months ago

There is but only if it's unanswered. Click Edit and select Delete.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

if it has no answers, you can delete it yourself

If it does have at least one answer, it will be deleted if enough people report it, but they cannot do that without knowing which question it was

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

You can not delete your question if it has even one answer. If it has no answers you can just click on the blue edit tab and delete it. But once a question has been answered the delete option is removed. This was done by Yahoo to stop trolls from changing their question after people have already answered it. All you can do is make yourself anonymous or hope users report the question and it gets removed for a violation.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Can any of you guys help me report it? I would be so grateful!!

Lv 7
    7 months ago

IF your question on Yahoo Answers has no answers yet, you can just go into your question and select Edit>Delete. (make sure your mobile device is in desktop mode, if using a mobile)

IF your question on Yahoo Answers DOES have ANY answers, it cannot be deleted. The only way to get it removed if it has answers from others, from that point on, is to have enough accounts report it as a violation, so the system removes it from the display. You cannot edit or change the info you posted, either. All you can do is add updates to clarify it, or make yourself Anonymous (Edit>Post as Anonymous) to hide your identity.

This is probably the single most asked question, over time, in the Yahoo Answers subcategory. You can save points and time in the future, by doing a search at the top of the page (type in your question or keywords and press "Search Answers"), to see if the question you have has already been asked/answered. How to delete questions has been asked/answered literally thousands of times since the site was created.

Lv 7
    7 months ago

if no answers use edit button to delete it, if answers you cannot delete it, hope it is reported as violation

Lv 7
    7 months ago

If it doesn't have any answers (even one) you can still delete it. If the question is reported by enough members, it will be removed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.