Should I give up hope for my morbidly-obese sister in law?

My sister in law is mobidly obese. She doesn't seem to be serious about doing anything. She is suppose to get surgery but she keeps not meeting the expectation/requirements before getting the surgery (diet, exercise, some weight loss proof). Her brothers live with her and some other people but they are doing... show more My sister in law is mobidly obese. She doesn't seem to be serious about doing anything. She is suppose to get surgery but she keeps not meeting the expectation/requirements before getting the surgery (diet, exercise, some weight loss proof).

Her brothers live with her and some other people but they are doing everything for her around the clock. I mean EVERYTHING. The only time she gets up is to use the facilities or go out to eat.

I'm not one to enable her. I prefer tough love. Anytime someone calls her out, she blows them off and EXPECTS them to do what she orders so she's doesn't have to get up. I don't understand why ppl are jumping at her beckon call.

Anyway, I need to just give up hope at this point. I don't want to and it's not in my nature, but it's either give up hope, let go, or suffer in silence just watching her deteriorate and eventually die.

:( Is there anyone else that has a family member like this? How do you cope? It's so hard to watch. so very hard.

SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE...I REALLY COULD USE POSITIVE FEEDBACK RIGHT NOW