Do I need to bleach my hair?

I want to dye my hair blonde. I have light brown hair with blonde highlights in it. I was wondering if I would need to bleach my hair before dying it? If so, what is the best kind of bleach/ hair lightener to use?

1 year ago

Depending on how brown your hair is, if it’s really really light brown you could just buy blonde hair dye but if it’s darker I would recommend bleaching, if you do bleaching there’s a big chance you will have brassy tones, so be prepared for that.

• Shon
    1 year ago

Dear why do you wanna bleach your hair when you are going to get that colored. But if you really wanna bleach it, you can use CHI bleach for your hair

1 year ago

You don't need to bleach your hair before dying it. Go to the hair coloring section of Ulta or Target and pick out a color you like. I recommend the Clairol brand of Dye with natural highlights - all one process - just open the bottles and mix the two - shake it till it's blended - apply to your hair following the directions in the box - about 20 minutes later you have blonde hair.

• ?
    1 year ago

do not attempt to dye your hair if you have no idea what your trying to do

• 1 year ago

Don't do it. Your hair colour is beautiful the way it is

• paul
    1 year ago

why why why do you want to do that to your hair ,? so you can have ugly roots in 2 weeks

• Mark
    1 year ago

Yes. You can't "dye" your hair a lighter colour without bleaching it.

1 year ago

don't try doing it yourself