How would you describe a person who only does a career for money?

Without having any sort of passion for it. For ex, a nurse only becomes a nurse solely for money, or an engineer only becomes an engineer for money, both not liking the career of their choice and only do it for money. How would you describe those people?

I'm talking about career, not job. Both are different. A Job is primarily for money. A Career is a long term profession. You can work at a Starbucks for money and hate it, but I wouldn't want to become an engineer solely for money. You have to love being one in the first place, then think about making money. An engineer is a career/profession. A Job can be anything for money like babysitting or plumbing.

How bout a better definition. A job is something you do for money that doesn't require skill. A career is something you do for money, but is something you were trained and educated to do and requires high level skill. A career to me requires passion, dedication and talent. A job just requires you to be discipline.

Even if you're not totally passionate about the career you're in, you have to at least have a huge interest and like it. I wouldn't choose a career I have a huge disinterest in and only choose it for the money.

• 1 year ago

a realist

• 1 year ago

Majority of humanity

• GEEGEE
    1 year ago

Realistic and average

• 1 year ago

a human..

• Linda
    1 year ago

HARD WORKING AMERICAN !

• tiescore
      1 year agoReport

How do I thumbs down the thumbs downer?

• 1 year ago

A realist? The portion of people able to choose a paying job that matches their passion in life is small. Most people work to bring in the money they need to survive. Many people see a job as doing what pays the bills so they can pursue their “passion” in their off hours.

1 year ago

smart

• 1 year ago

Broke

• 1 year ago

Someone making a living.

• Anon1 year agoReport

I'm talking about career, not job

1 year ago

We call them 99%er's.

Because 99% of human beings on Earth do what they have to not what they want to.