promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

Is Craigslist a good place to buy a basset hound?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favourite answer

nope. Only BYBers & Puppy Mills sell their pups through there. You are more likely to be lied to & scammed going through Craig's List.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

generally no. You may get lucky in a bad market where the owner of the pups has to resort to CL to find good homes, but as a RULE, no

• 1 year ago

SHUTUP TROLL

• Sandra
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

NO. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but Craigslist is a really really not good place to buy any dog. There are all kind of scammers that use Craigslist, people even often sell stolen dogs from there. There is pretty much no reason for any reputable person to sell a dog on Craigslist.

Would you buy a baby from Craigslist? Why not? It's kind of the same thing for dogs. There are so many legit places to get a pet, you have to wonder why someone would be on Craigslist selling an animal if they are legitimate.

I personally would suggest rescuing a dog or puppy from Petfinder. They have plenty of dogs in need of a home, and you could almost certainly find a Basset or even a Basset or Basset mix puppy! And instead of paying for new dogs to be created when there so many dogs without homes, you can save one that is in need! And it's usually much cheaper to rescue.

If you feel strongly that you must have a thoroughbred AKC show line Basset puppy, search for a reputable breeder (who would never advertise on craigslist.) If you would like help searching, and want to know what to look for to find a good breeder, ask a question for help, or comment!

PS- I have heard of so many people swindled by pretend breeders, and Craigslist is a big place where that happens. Just today at the vet I work at, a woman came in and told a story about how she was scammed by a fake breeder! The breeder bought puppies for 1k a piece in Russia, came back to the US and falsified information, and turned around and sold the puppies for 4k a piece with false info! You don't want that to happen to you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • TK
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Craigslist is not a good place to purchase any animal.

• 1 year ago

NO. Not a good place. As someone else mentioned, Back yard breeders and puppy mills use CL- the other thing I would add is stolen pets.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Craigslist is the last place anybody should look to buy ANY dog.

• 1 year ago

No, most dogs are abused then are put for sale their or are extremely ill.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.