Would you be offended if you got a new job and someone said, "Congratulations on the new job, will this be a big step down for your career?"?

Update: To give some context, I am making a new move in my career and got a great job at a company close to my house. For the past 9 years I have been working in a large industry in a major city, but commuting 2 hours each way to a job that was turning into a dead end. The new company I'll be working is much smaller,... show more To give some context, I am making a new move in my career and got a great job at a company close to my house. For the past 9 years I have been working in a large industry in a major city, but commuting 2 hours each way to a job that was turning into a dead end. The new company I'll be working is much smaller, but only 25 minutes from my house, and the field I am moving into will open so many doors for my overall career. My father in law asked me the question above and it really hurt my feelings.