Updating 2013 Ford Fusion SE questions...?

I love my fusion but it doesn’t have all the fancy stereo systems the new ones have. I want the touchscreen and backup camera, etc. However, I don’t wanna buy a new car! And I don’t want to buy any kind of stereo for my car, I actually wanna keep everything FORD... so I found a 2016 Ford Fusion (totaled, t-boned) and I was wondering cousin take the stereo system and backup camera off of it and put it in my car? Or is there anyplace by Ford I can update it???

• elhigh
    1 year ago

You REALLY need to do this research yourself. It appears to me that sound system hardware from 2016 models will fit into 2013 cars, but you're going to have to double-check, because these things are expensive enough that you don't want to be wrong after having already paid for it.

As for the camera, it may be that the wiring doesn't exist in your car to support it. Again, you'll need to do the research on your end. If it were up to me I'd have a single wiring harness for across the entire model line, but that's me.

Digging a little deeper it looks like the harness that plugs into the back of the radio unit will have the wiring for the camera, but you'll need to source the trunk lid harness for the camera - get it from the organ donor when you harvest the camera.

It looks like you'll need to do some programming work too, so be ready for that.

• Ron
    1 year ago

I have my doubts as to you being able to perform such a task but the parts will fit