How to deal with a clingy 17 month old?

My daughter is 17 months old and is in the clingy/attachment stage and instead of being attached to a teddy bear she’s attached to my cousins bf. He was gone for two months for work and came back yesterday as soon as she saw him it, she would not let him go. I thought that since he was gone so long she would forget... show more My daughter is 17 months old and is in the clingy/attachment stage and instead of being attached to a teddy bear she’s attached to my cousins bf. He was gone for two months for work and came back yesterday as soon as she saw him it, she would not let him go. I thought that since he was gone so long she would forget him but she didn’t and i need a way to break her out of this attachment. (he’s her god dad too, he’s been around her her whole life)
Update: It’s not that I don’t want her attached to him at all it’s that for the past few days she throws tantrums if he’s not around and the only way for her to calm down is if he does it himself. He’s going away again in a few weeks and I don’t want her to be this overly attached to him, it’s like a baby being attached to... show more It’s not that I don’t want her attached to him at all it’s that for the past few days she throws tantrums if he’s not around and the only way for her to calm down is if he does it himself. He’s going away again in a few weeks and I don’t want her to be this overly attached to him, it’s like a baby being attached to a teddy bear