Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

My girlfriend puts her dogs before me?

We have been dating for 3 years and a little over a year ago her friend gave her two puppies that she couldn't find a home for and since we live in the country and have a lot of land I was okay with her getting them in the beginning.

Anyway, now the dogs are a little over a year old and they are extremely spoiled to the point where it is ridiculous.

They have their own room which my gf set up and went all out and blew a bunch of money decorating this spare room for the dogs, which they hardly ever use because they are with her all the time.

She feeds them human food, let's them do whatever they want, never gets on to them when they are misbehaving ( which is a lot ) and is always defending them.

She buys them expensive dog clothes and toys, she literally acts like they are human kids.

We got into a recent fight because she made the comment that she would never move because of the dumb dogs, and that the house we live at now is perfect for them. I ended up telling her then I will leave and she basically said she didn't care and that there is no way she would ever get rid of the dogs even if that means losing me.

She is acting crazy, and I am considering leaving her over these dogs.

I do like the dogs, I just dont like how they have terrible behavior and if I try to fix their bad behavior my gf will start yelling/crying at me to leave her "babies" alone. I have never hit them, I just yell NO and she gets irrationally emotional.

• 1 year ago

Wow am I really the only one that comprehends the way this man feels?

Ignore all this negative people insulting you, tbh, if things are as you describe them (hoping you’re not exaggerating them) then I would definitely agree I would feel the same way you are.

I don’t think you should take the impulsive decision to leave her, you guys have only talked this through discussions and people don’t usually say things they mean when they’re upset, I don’t think she meant it that way she was just triggered and being defensive.

I would suggest to try to calmly talk this through with her, tell her the way you feel (without yelling at each other) and if she still says she doesn’t care, then definitely leave.

Good luck to you!

• jennifer1 year agoReport

I think its impulsive to choose to leave her right away after they have built so much together without having a proper discussion first.

• ?
    1 year ago

The dogs are currently adolescent dogs so “bad behavior” is the norm.

If you value your relationship with this person, I suggest you learn to accept the way she treats the dogs and work out some sort of positive relationship with them.

The “miracle” would be if you read up on ‘positive dog training’ and dis something to teach them, in a positive way, how to behave. ‘Positive dog training’ is where you lure or coax the dog into what you want it to do, then reward it. It has been ‘the thing’ for years now, ever since ‘traditional’, ‘correction’ or ‘punishment’ training has been disproven due to faulty premises. (Studies of packs of non biologically related wolves living in articifical ‘packs’ whose entirely unnatural social behavior was the premise for traditional dog training ‘pack theory’, alpha dog theory and more.

I suggest you embrace and participate in her relationship with dog dogs by providing BENEVOLENT leadership and guidance for the dogs. Social behavior in dogs is largely learned. Learn to teach them.

And if you want this relationship, I suggest you embrace them as “our dogs”.

• 1 year ago

Sounds like you gotta dump her tbh sorry bro

• jossip
    1 year ago

Dump that stupid chick !!! She´s not worth it !!!

1 year ago

maybe u don't love her like her dogs do. Maybe lick her hands every day

1 year ago

Your girlfriend worships her dogs & is taking it TOO far! She is SICK! I know it doesn't sound easy, but it's better that you dump her.

• Sandra
      1 year agoReport

Wow. She worships her dogs because she would rather be with someone that loves the good things in her life too? Anonymous here clearly has never had a healthy relationship. It's about being part of your partners life, and finding joy in things they love, simply because it brings them joy.

• 1 year ago

Sounds like a job for Cesar Milan lol

• 1 year ago

Two choices.

Accept how she is with dogs OR leave the relationship and house.

1 year ago

Dump your girlfriend. She will just keep getting worse with age. Be patient and find a girl who has similar basic core values or you will be in constant aggravation and negative vibes.

• 1 year ago

So leave

• 1 year ago

Well, she has made her position clear. Now it's up to you to decide what you want to do.