Why will nobody hire me?

I should probably start off by saying that Im in high school, Im 17. Most people get jobs around 16 but I was making money babysitting so I didnt get one but a few months ago I decided I wanted a “real” job. Ive applied at numerous places; retail stores, department stores, restaurants. Nobody will hire me. And it... show more I should probably start off by saying that Im in high school, Im 17. Most people get jobs around 16 but I was making money babysitting so I didnt get one but a few months ago I decided I wanted a “real” job. Ive applied at numerous places; retail stores, department stores, restaurants. Nobody will hire me. And it doesnt help that some of the places Ive applied at are “online apply only” and only show certain positions so youll go to the store and theyll have a sign saying theyre hiring and you go and ask for an application and they say “oh just go to our website” but then I do and all the positions are things that a teenager, especially one with no experience, isnt qualified to do. Id prefer not to work in fast food because there are so many other options where I live but its getting to the point where I probably have to but I just want answers on why these other places wont hire me? Is it my age? I feel like it cant be because Ive seen other people my age working at these places? Ive been reading similar questions like this and people say they have to think about their appearance and attitude but because everything Ive done is online the people dont know what I look or act like, Ive never even been given a chance. A lot of them also ask for things like “1 year cashier experience” but if everyone will only hire cashiers with experience how the hell am I supposed to get experience in the first place. Did this happen to anyone else as a teen? What did you do? Help
4 answers 4