Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 7 months ago

Should I switch the washing machine pipes?

Recently I had my washer and dryer delivered to my house and installed however when I looked at the pipes they were connected to the wrong hot and cold water pipes... and when I wash my clothes it only ever uses HOT water never cold so should I switch the pipes or is there damage to the washing machine already??

13 Answers

Relevance
  • chris
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Best answer

It's fine! In most homes, the hot water supply is between 115 to 125 degrees. (120 is recommended to prevent scalding) This is not hot enough to damage anything in your washer.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

CALL the people who installed your appliances and have them come back and do it RIGHT. tell them they need to come IMMEDIATELY, the next day or two, not 2 weeks from now.

• 7 months ago

the connection is colour coded just touch if you operating you w'maschine and you will know

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

There is no damage man

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

switch the hoses that run from the faucets to the washing machine.

• 7 months ago

No damage. Just switch them and you're good to go.

• 7 months ago

the washing machine is fine. just run the water off at the valves provided and switch the hoses.

• 7 months ago

It won't hurt the machine. I suspect the actual issue is which setting you are using.

If I was forced to bet, my money is on the hoses being connected properly but the washer being set for cold water, or the hot water line being turned off.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Call the store and have them send back the installers to do the job right. There's no reason to do this work yourself unless you're a plumber and it's nothing to you.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

There is ZERO reason to PAY a plumber to disconnect and reconnect a hose.

• Joe
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It didn't hurt the machine.

Switch them the right way around, anyway: using hot water only, wash & rinse, is going to make your utility bills skyrocket.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.