Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 7 months ago

What do you think about the possibility of Harry/Meghan moving to Africa for 2 - 3 years. I've been suggesting this for a long time.?

Seems a perfectly sensible plan to me.

Update:

@ Blue face. https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1116910/megha...

This is NOT a troll question.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Best answer

It was recently revealed that there is talk of them relocating to Africa for two to three years, after the birth of bay Sussex, to be closer to his African charities and the poorer African Commonwealth countries.

• 7 months ago

back to her roots

• 7 months ago

Excellent idea.

• 7 months ago

I doubt it will happen due to the cost of security. It will be up to the Government not them

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It could certainly be reasonable for them to base themselves in, say, Botswana for a few years, given their interests. It would allow them to establish their own sphere of activity, which would have several benefits. However, it's true that the security and other costs would be extensive, and it wouldn't be practical for them to stay there once their child, or children, reached school age.

It's a interesting idea, but possibly the negatives would be prohibitive.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Could not care one way or theother, except that it will cost us millions in security.

• 7 months ago

Seems wildly unlikely.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

First things first,don't believe everything you read. This is not an officially-sanctioned or verified story. It would be believable if the story was issued from Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, or Frogmore Cottage. What we have here is yet another UNIDENTIFIED tabloid-type reporting source---these sources are often people with no real contact with the royals or people who do have verified contact with royals--these are really non-sources people who make things up.

Harry has ties to Lesotho; the first charity he founded is Sentebale He and Prince Seesio of Lesotho founded the charity is 2008 and it has expanded over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentebale

The Sussexes will make many visits to Africa over the years because of Sentebale and other charities--this is not far-fetched. Some tours take months, but as to the Sussexes moving to Africa, this is not likely.

• Clo
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Too many of today's reporters use the internet and repeat stories they find. This isn't reporting.

A good reported would note that Harry is working for the Commonwealth---and Commonwealth tours can take months---being away for months, not years.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I think it's their lives, they should lead it how they want. What they would do there would certainly be admirable. I also understand the inclination of wanting to get away from the hordes of paparazzi, the intense microscope of the British press. They seem to have it as bad or worse than any of the other Royals. And given how Harry's mother died and how old he was when that happened, that adds to understanding why he would want to do that.

That said, it seems there are very few people that the Royals get to be actual people around and not Royals. I think William and Kate and Harry and Meghan are pretty much limited to each other for people they can completely trust and not need to be guarded around, so I think it could be hard on that relationship, and especially hard on William and Kate, who won't get the repreave, who will lose daily contact with the people they most trust and most socialize, and who in the vacuum of Harry and Meghan will have the paparazzi lenses and the British press's microscope that had been on Harry and Megan turned towards them, kind of like the Eye of Sauron. So, basically, it's going to really suck for William and Kate.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Zero. Do you really think that anyone will take notice of a troll like you.

• Good show, Prince Kenny! You have destroyed that lot and I expect to see fewer and fewer of them from this point forward!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.