Would it be weird and or rude to show up at a friends house unexpectedly with gifts?

I want to surprise my friend but don t want to be rude or weird. I got my friend flowers and some cd s!

• 1 year ago

It wouldn't be rude, but they might think it's weird. It depends on what kind of friendship you have as well as other factors. Has it been a long time since you've seen each other, is it their birthday or another occasion when gift giving is acceptable? etc. And another thing, just dropping in on somebody without letting them know you're coming might cause them undue stress or create an awkward moment.

• 1 year ago

I’m not gonna was a tiger but you yyyyyyyyyyo I wanna know I wanna have a great

• Me
    1 year ago

I would find it strange and off putting if a friend suddenly showed up at my door with flowers. I dont even answer my door unless I am expecting someone.

• 1 year ago

Perhaps just message them and ask them if it’s okay if you pop round for a cup of tea or coffee. Make sure they’re actually in first and they’re okay with you coming round, and then bring the flowers and CDs and surprise them that way. It’s a possibility that they wouldn’t mind you turning up unexpected, but depending on the person it might not be welcomed.

• User
    1 year ago

Flowers and CDs? My first guess is that you’re a male trying to date your female friend.

If that’s the case then this is a big no.

If it’s a close friend and it’s just to be nice then maybe. If it’s not a close friend or you have selfish motives then no.

1 year ago

Never show up uninvited

• 1 year ago

Weird but not rude

1 year ago

I don't know, I'm not good with social cues

• 1 year ago

There would have to be a good REASON for the gifts, and you should also make sure they're going to be at home.

• paul
    1 year ago

do not be stupid . call first