Could I put this on my resume?

If I worked at a company for several year, quit, worked at a couple more for a short period of time, and than went back to work at my old job, than could I just leave the Jon's in between off of my resume, like I never left my first job?

• 1 year ago

You could, but they will find out. Your resume should list the company twice - the first portion of time you worked (i.e., From 01/2010 to 12/2016) and then again from 2017 - Present. When the company you are applying at verifies employment, that is the information they will get and then wonder why you left out the gap.

• I wouldn't bother using the jobs that you didn't work at for very long, they most likely won't remember you.

You can use your first job.

• Kyle
    1 year ago

list them all. plenty of people work at one job, leave for others, then come back to the old job.

maybe the jobs in between you thought would be better but wasn't. even if the pay was more, maybe the culture at the other jobs wasn't like your old job. maybe your new jobs didn't have a lot of room for career growth, or other benefits.

best to be honest, and not lie. if you can't be trusted about your work history, why would they trust you to do the job at hand?

1 year ago

i would just be honest and put everything down

1 year ago

Sure, but that is incorrect information and when they call this employer they will verify the info and then you will have to explain why you lied, it's considered a lie because you had other jobs. Its your life, do it as you will but suffer the long term consequences.

• DEBS
    1 year ago

You should not show continuous employment at one place when you didn't have it. You may get caught. The fact you're asking says you have at least a few ethics which would stop you from lying.