LEWIS asked in HealthDental · 1 year ago

Wisdom tooth is loose and sore, should I be worried?

Few days ago the gland on the right side of my neck became swollen, I end up very run down, hot and cold sweats, very tired and a head ache etc... Also my wisdom tooth which has virtually come all the way through has become very tender and sore.

I had issues in January which the dentist said was normal after a check up. However the tooth looks loose, I can wobble it and I'm fairly certain it's loose, not to the extent of I could pull it out but it looks loose. I'm concerned as to wether I should be worried as it's only painful when I touch the skin/tooth or eat at times, it's not constant pain. I have really bad anxiety about dentists and health in general so I don't know wether it's me being stupid or not.

Thanks for any advice

• 1 year ago

This sounds like an infection. It can be serious. See a dentist.

• Kyle
    1 year ago

my advice would be to go see a dentist. some people need their wisdom teeth removed to avoid further damage as they emerge. others don't. don't wait until your next dentist appointment if you get one twice a year, make another one now.

a lot of people have anxiety when going to the dentists. it's not uncommon. mention it to your dentist so they can help accommodate.

some people are put to sleep as well for taking out wisdom tooth, if not heavily numbed so you don't feel anything painful.