Do I have to claim both jobs on my taxes?

I have a full time job with a salary of $50k and a part time job as a server making $600-$800 a month. Do I absolutely HAVE to claim my server job? Or, if I make under $10k/yr as a server, do I not need to claim this on my taxes?

Houston, TX.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Report everything

• Shay
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

That depends - do you want to be audited for not reporting ALL of your income.

You will pay penalty fees for not correctly reporting ALL of your income.

Once you have enough total income to report your income, you must include ALL your income. So, if the server job was your ONLY job, you would not have to file a tax return. BUT, since you have a second job that puts you over the income limit and REQUIRES that you file a tax return, that means you MUST include ALL INCOME from ALL SOURCES even if the amount alone would have been below the filing requirements.

• 7 months ago

Of course you have to claim both jobs. When you add them together, you will have your total income earned.

• 7 months ago

You report ALL income.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

ALL INCOME MUST BE REPORTED! Report it!

• 7 months ago

Unless your TOTAL income from ALL sources is small enough you don't file AT ALL, you are required to declare ALL income from ALL sources. Even if you could legally not file, but choose to file to claim a refund, leaving any income off the return is tax fraud.

• 7 months ago

you need to claim both

• Judy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes you have to claim both. It's your TOTAL income that counts

• Ann
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

yes

• 7 months ago

Any income has to be reported on your taxes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.